Can a villain be tempting? Yes! I really believe they can. The kind you just "love to hate" - or the heart-breaking kind where you see them sliding down into the dark-side and you almost want to offer a hand to keep them from falling. Here's my top ten list for today's A-Z challenge:
10. Cruella deVil from 101 Dalmations (both the animated version and the version with Glenn Close) - "Dahhhling!"
9. The Terminator - "I'll be back"
8. Voldemort - I think truly one of the scariest villains ever, except for...
7. Dracula - yeah, Bram Stoker's vampire is the scariest.
6. Pharoah - played by Yul Brynner in the Ten Commandments and Ralph Fiennes in Prince of Egypt. Such an enigmatic bad guy.
5. Rebecca from Daphne DuMaurier's novel by the same name. For a lady who is already dead throughout the whole story, it's impressive just how much she looms over the story.
4. Maleficent - a magnificent evil witch from Disney's Sleeping Beauty. Did you know she has a cult following? and we'll get to hear the story again from her perspective when played by Angelina Jolie in a 2014 movie release (the latest fad in movies: dark fairy-tale retellings starting this summer with Charlize Theron in Snow White and the Huntsman).
3. Loki from the movie Thor (2010) - a villain with some fascinating depth and conflict (here's a post I wrote about him)
2. Hannibal Lector from the Silence of the Lambs - the ultimate in clever and creepy
1. Darth Vader
Who are some of your favorite book or movie villains?
Review: The Burning Page (The Invisible Library #3) by Genevieve Cogman - THE BURNING PAGE combines the best of THE MASKED CITY and THE INVISIBLE LIBRARY to produce a madcap, world-jumping caper. With the return of Alberich, st...
1 hour ago