A list of love stories for today's A-Z challenge... to say that I love love stories is a bit of an understatement.
10. Time Traveler’s Wife - a love story all twisted up in time.
9. Aragorn and Arwen - how could I not mention the Lord of the Rings today, the greatest L book ever!
8. Jodha Akbar - this is an epic Bollywood movie about a Muslim king who marries a Hindu lady for political reasons, a beautiful story of learning to love and trust despite different beliefs.
7. Tarzan and Jane - not many of us are willing to leave a life of luxury to go wild for our love!
6. Ash and Meghan in the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. Ash comes from the cold world of the Fey, where there is no such thing as love - but Meghan's tenacious love finally reaches him.
5. Stardust, by Neil Gaiman. The implications of falling in love with a fallen star.
4. Legend, by Marie Lu. This is a futuristic take on the story of Les Miserables, where an officer devotes his life to hunting down an escaped criminal. But in this version, the hunter falls in love with her prey.
3. Beauty and the Beast. Love that looks beyond appearances to see the true beauty of a soul.
2. Persuasion, by Jane Austen. Anne is persuaded to turn down Captain Wentworth by her family, since he is a working man instead of landed gentry. Seven years later, circumstances bring them together again - a wonderful story of a second chance at love.
1. LadyHawke. Two lovers are cursed so that the only way they can be together is when Isabeau is a hawk by day and Captain Navarre is a wolf by night. While one is human, they protect the other in their cursed form - but it takes the love and help of a friend to finally break the curse. Such a great story!
What's your favorite love story? (Your own counts, too!)
5 Steps to Creating a Perfect Fantasy World - [image: Andrew Wood, Storm of Fury, world building] *By Andrew Wood, @andrewtheauthorPart of the How They Do It Series* *JH: Creating a fantasy world is h...
3 hours ago