Monday, April 9, 2012

Tempting Top Tens: Heros and Heroines

My last post was the top ten Great People I admire, so how wonderfully convenient that next letter in the A-Z challenge is H, so I can follow the real great people with my favorite fictional great people - heros and heroines.

10. James Bond, 007.

9. Katniss Everdeen (the Hunger Games)

8. Zorro - when I saw Tyrone Power in the Mark of Zorro as a kid, I was lost. A masked man in a black cape will always make me swoon.

7. Batman - another masked man with a black cape. 'Nuff said.

6. Ben Hur - If there is anything possibly better than a hero in a mask with a black cape, it's a hero in Roman armor driving a chariot.

5. Queen Esther - the heroine of a Biblical story set in ancient Persia; she risks her life to save her people from genocide. Her story is full of enough court intrigue to nearly make Henry VIII blush.

4. Harry Potter  (and Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, Dumbledore, Snape... so many heros!) 

3. Harry Crewe - everyone knows Harry Potter, but I wish more people knew of this other wonderful Harry. She's the heroine (yes, Harry is a girl) in the Blue Sword, by Robin McKinley.  She goes against the king she loves in order to save her people, uh, I probably just gave too much away but OH MY do I love this story!

2. Han Solo. I'm going to cheat and sneak in Luke Skywalker here, too because of the coolness factor of the light saber. I still dearly wish that Han got a chance, just once, to fight with a light saber.

1. Gandalf. Just as in the Harry Potter series, there are many heros in the Lord of the Rings: Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, Faramir... but Gandalf is my favorite. Here's a whole post on why he's my favorite.

Who is your favorite fictional hero or heroine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List