Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tempting Top Ten - Actors/Actresses

Welcome to my first post for the April A-Z challenge. My theme this month is Tempting Top Ten lists - and I'm starting off with my favorite actors or actresses that always tempt me to go to the movies. While this list is my personal top ten, I hope to hear your opinion on who you think should be on the list!

10. Anthony Hopkins - because he's played such a wide range of characters, from his most famously chilling Hannibal Lector, to my personal favorite - C.S. Lewis in the movie Shadowlands.


9. Sean Connery - because I had to have at least one of the James Bonds on my list, also Hunt for Red October will always be one of my favorites.


8. Sandra Bullock - loved her in so many movies: Speed, A Time To Kill, 28 Days, Miss Congeniality, The Proposal, The Blind Side. Leigh Anne Tuohy in the Blind Side - love, love, love.


7. Russell Crowe - I still watch Gladiator at least once a year. And Robin Hood, and Master and Commander... yeah, can you tell I love him best in period pieces? But all his performances are excellent. Can't wait to see him in the new production of Les Miserables as Inspector Javert.


6. Morgan Freeman - two words: Shawshank Redemption. And many others including Glory, Driving Miss Daisy, Invictus - well, yeah, pretty much everything he's been in. Even if he has just a bit part in a movie, he's memorable - and makes the movie memorable too.

5. Julia Roberts - that smile! Her version of Snow White's nemesis in Mirror, Mirror opens this weekend - I watched the trailer at least a dozen times on YouTube and she cracked me up every time. Also loved her in Erin Brockovich, My Best Friend's Wedding, Stepmom, The Pelican Brief, Steel Magnolias, and of course - Pretty Woman.


4. Patrick Stewart - Make it so, Captain Picard. Obviously his most famous role was in Star Trek the New Best Generation, but little known fact: he played a knight in Excalibur (which really dates me, but Excalibur remains, to this day, my favorite movie about King Arthur).

3.  Harrison Ford - because of Han Solo and Indiana Jones - and one of my all time favorite movies, Witness. And many other movies, too. He's just the perfect combination of tough, wry, and tender-hearted.

2. Meryl Streep. Just because. She's on everyone's list - and rightfully so. Anne Hathaway didn't have a chance playing against in her in the Devil Wears Prada: you were supposed to hate her - but I loved her. 


1.  Denzel Washington. What an actor. I have watched every single one of his movies, starting with Glory in the 80's and does anyone remember him in the 80's TV show, St. Elsewhere? But he just keeps getting better and better. The Pelican Brief, Crimson Tide, Remember the Titans, John Q, Man on Fire, Inside Man, Unstoppable, and my all-time favorite, Deja Vu. Keep going, great man. 


Now you tell me - what actors or actresses always tempt you to go to the movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List