Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tempting Top Ten: Quotes

IMAGES REMOVED in case of copyright violation (7/27/12)

When I went away to college, my best friend and I wrote each other letters, and we always wrote quotes on the back of our envelopes. I've collected quotes for years and am always amazed how I keep finding and falling in love with new ones (or, new to me). Goodreads is an addictive source for quotes: type in any keyword, famous person,  author or book and then sit back and enjoy.

Here's a few of my favorite quotes for the A-Z blogging challenge (not listed in any particular order - I simply couldn't "top ten" these).

Plus a few pretty random images from Pinterest, just to add some color.


The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious – the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and science. – Albert Einstein

The unexamined life is not worth living – Socrates


You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me - C.S. Lewis


You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view… Until you climb inside of his skin and walk in it. – Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird)




What is love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul. – Victor Hugo


May the Force be with you. (Star Wars)


Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business. – Tom Robbins


You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. – Jack London



Here's looking at you, kid. (Rick to Ilsa in Casablanca) 



There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind has achieved the second. – Logan Pearsall Smith


Do you have a favorite quote to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List