Monday, April 2, 2012

Tempting Top Ten: Best Breakfasts


I love fancy breakfasts and brunch food! This is my post for "B" in the A-Z blogging challenge and it's making my mouth water - I shamelessly hope it makes you hungry too! Click the pictures for recipes.

10. Cream cheese and fruit crepes - my mom loves to make these.

9. Stuffed French toast (I have IHOP to blame for this particular addiction)

8. Huevos Rancheros. A classic Mexican breakfast, huevos rancheros are fried eggs served on hot corn tortillas and smothered in salsa.

7. Cinnamon Rolls. These simply must be eaten fresh out of the oven, the gooier the better. I'm sharing this particular recipe because they got this description is just exactly right: "The frosting will settle in and become one with the cinnamon rolls."



6. Loaded Biscuits. This is my favorite "quick fix" comfort food. Loaded with cheese, garlic, butter, and optionally minced green onion and red bell pepper.


5. Monkey Bread. A close cousin to the cinnamon roll, these are so much fun to make (and eat) - especially with your kids.


4. Croissants. I got addicted to these when my parents took me to Europe at age 11 and I learned what Continental Breakfast was. Simple and pure delicious.


3. Bacon and Cheese Quiche. Traditional breakfast ingredients ensconced in a flaky pie crust? Pure heaven.



2. Eggs Benedict. A breakfast of elegance. Toasted English muffin topped with Canadian bacon (NOT regular bacon, except in a pinch), a poached egg (NOT a fried egg), and hollandaise sauce (not, I repeat NOT cheese sauce!)


http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/eggs-benedict/

1. Waffles. My dad makes the most delicious homemade waffles (out of just plain ol' Bisquick!)- his trick is to add generous teaspoons of  both vanilla and maple flavorings, and a light dusting of powdered sugar over the syrup when served. But I think part of the magic is my parents' old, seasoned waffle iron. It's older than I am. I have never been able to buy one that produces waffles quite so deliciously.  I also love to put fresh strawberries or blueberries on my waffles and then pour syrup over it all.



What's your favorite breakfast? 

My Tempting Top Ten lists are going to be all over the place, from foods to fantastical places. (Yesterday was Actors/Actresses). One thing I wanted to add that's more closely related to my regular blog topics is favorite books, since I'm a book-o-holic. My favorite "B" books are The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley and Bridge to Terabithia  by Katherine Paterson (with links to my ecstatic reactions to these wonderful books). My favorite "A" books (sorry, I forgot to mention them yesterday), are Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery and Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (yeah, I know, quite the difference between those last two!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List