Here's my top ten time-wasters while I wait for opening night on May 17...
10. Watch the trailers a million times on You Tube
9. Follow #startrek on Twitter and smirk at tweets only true long-term ST geeks will get at @TNG_S8
8. Watch Star Trek (2009) again. Just one more time.
7. Dream up Star Trek / Star Wars mashups now that JJ Abrams is in charge of both
6. Order Spock ears and matching wig to wear at opening night (only $12.99)
5. Imagine possible ways Next Generation, Voyager and Deep Space Nine characters could be included with the rebooted original characters
4. Discover things like Star Trek onesies on Pinterest and wonder how many people understand why you'd never buy the red one for your baby
3. Get absolutely giddy reading a movie review that says there's "an "Inception"-indebted freefall sequence that sees the crew negotiating gravity-shifting practical sets"
2. Read other Star Trek top ten lists like "Top Ten Star Trek technologies that actually came true" at How Stuff Works (where you can feel both geeky-happy and maybe-not-completely-wasting-your-time-because-you-are-actually-learning-stuff)
1. Consider a road trip to a city that is releasing the movie early
Are you eagerly awaiting the new Star Trek movie? Or what movie would you rather wait breathlessly for instead?