1. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett - prejudice and racism.
2. To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee - prejudice, racism, misunderstanding
3. Code Name Verity - war, Nazis
4. The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers
5. Wonder by RJ Palacio - deformed appearance
6. I Rode a Horse of Milk White Jade, by Diane Lee Wilson - physical handicap
7. Right Behind You by Gail Giles - guilt
8. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson - rape, high school "branding"
9. Never Gone, Laurel Garver - death of a loved one.
10. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini - abuse, repression
A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan - parental neglect, abuse
Black Beauty by Anna Sewell- animal abuse
Nineteen Minutes - school massacre. Jodi Piccoult writes issues in a very gripping if borderline sensationalized way.
What tough issue book(s) resonated the most with you?