Bernard Pivot is the guy who came up with this questionnaire.
Confession and warning: I'm looking forward to reading other's answers, it's fun to get to know people better, but I'm also participating in this blogfest to get character development ideas from your answers!
1. What is your favorite word? Storm. I love so many words, but this one has serious substance to it, and the potential for both excitement and danger, for realism and symbolism.
2. What is your least favorite word? Vicious.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? When someone writes something so honest and true that I immediately think - "oh yes! I understand! I've felt that way too, or I've seen that thing too." Or, just as wonderful "I've never seen it that way before, amazing - thanks for showing me!"
4. What turns you off? Close-mindedness. When someone won't hear your side of the story, or if they hear it, they hear only what they want to hear out of it. I have to be really careful to keep myself from being close-minded, it has a way of sneaking up on you. I think those people who read a lot, and read widely, gift themselves with greater ability to fight close-mindedness.
5. What is your favorite
6. What sound or noise do you love? The recording of my daughter "cooing" when she was three or four months old. She's four years old now...
7. What sound or noise do you hate? The sound of someone chewing with their mouth open.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Teaching. The potential to inspire, to open minds to new things (but only if I could have just a few students at a time)
9. What profession would you not like to do? Nursing. I have the highest respect for them, precisely because it's something I can't possibly imagine doing.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive? "I can't wait to show you everything and answer all your questions"