Chelsey Blair at Sense and Disability
About Chelsey: she claims she's just an average 21 year old*, but check out her blog, "an aspiring YA author full of book reviews, musings on writing, life and being a young adult with a disability."
She also features books that have to do with young people with disabilties, and she does a great job with book reviews. She lists Maureen Johnson as one of her favorite YA authors, and I definitely agree! I fell in love with Girl At Sea, 13 Little Blue Envelopes, and the Key to the Golden Firebird. She's also a fan of Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters.
Chelsea, I wanted you to wish a wonderful Valentine's day, I loved reading your recent posts, and I'll continue to be your not-so-secret bloggy admirer.
Thanks to everyone who commented on my Love Story Plots, or 13 ways to mess with your characters. I loved all the feedback! and now I have several more categories to add to my list.
- Old Kitty added "Twisted love" - a little Fatal Attraction, anyone?
- Which also reminded me of another related category, "Untrustworthy love" - the love interest that might have ulterior motives, but you're just not sure, and have to keep reading to find out!
- Len suggested "Love lost and found"
- Robyn suggested "Never Quite Gets a Chance to Be Love But It Really Is" (Remains of the Day)
- Sophia cracked me up with her love mess, "just because they love each other they don't have to be happy about it"
- Will suggests "Nerd's Bane" - the nerd is just smitten, but the object of the devotion thinks of them as a "Special Friend."
- And I just discovered a similiar post with Love Story Archetypes at the Enchanted Inkpot.
My writing goal giveaway update: sadly, my progress chart (see top of blog), is not climbing as fast as it should toward my March 1st goal. Where have all my wonderful encouragers gone? I need you!
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. What's your favorite way to celebrate?
1) watch the movie Valentine's Day and smirk because Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner are SOOO history
2) have a candlelight dinner with your significant other
3) have a love-letter burning party with your best friends (anyone remember that Friends episode?)
4) splurge on chocolate (the one day a year we can do this entirely guilt free)
5) other? do tell!!! (PG rating, please)
*Not only did I get Chelsey's age wrong but I misspelled her name the second time, too! What a good sport she is! Also, late breaking news, my "secret blog admirer" was CA Marshall and she gave me a map valentine! She noticed I love maps! Totally made my day :)