Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Top Ten reasons I love being a reader/book blogger

Top Ten Tuesday is  an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish blog with a different top ten list theme (all related to books) every Tuesday (see the full list here). 

10.  I love to read because I get to be a princess for a day. Or an astronaut. Or an archaeologist. Or someone I never expected. Or to go places I never dreamed of...




9. I love to read because it makes me wiser. It connects me with all the wisdom of the ages


8. I love to read because it's like experiencing endless adventure 


7.  I love to read because it helps me discover new things about myself


6. Reading gives me a wider perspective, helps me see things in a new light,  better understand other people, become more compassionate


5. Reading fires my imagination
Source: ElenaDudina on DeviantArt

4. Reading (and a cup of tea) brings me comfort and contentment


3. Blogging about books I love helps me connect with other people who love the same books and characters


2. With a good book on hand, I'm never bored 


1.  I love it when I'm reading and discover a character who's going through something like I've gone through, or has felt the same way

What do you love most about reading?

14 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! I love all these -- and the images you placed with them -- but there's something about #9 and #1 that spoke to my very insides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think this is one my favorite top tens ever

      Delete
  2. #5 and 6 spoke to me. Great list! Cool images, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! For me it's a little bit of all these, especially the imagination one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say I'm #8. I love a great adventure! Especially it it's one I've never been on before in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally my list. Margo, are you in my head? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just universal traits among true book lovers. Everyone else who posted on this today had very similar things! But that makes it all the more wonderful

      Delete
  6. Amazing list and I love all of your pictures! I love being able to escape into a book and get lost in another adventure. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Escape is a big reason to read - I didn't use that word but I certainly meant "escape" indirectly!

      Delete
  7. Awww, love this! Yes, yes, yes to everything you listed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes times ten. Well said. Great pix too.

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List