Friday, November 8, 2013

Favorite blogs and ones I deeply miss

Hosted by Andrew Leon, Alex J. Cavanaugh, and Matthew MacNish

Do you have a couple blogger buddies who aren’t posting as often? Those who’ve pulled back and seem absent from the blogging world? Do you have blogger buddies you are grateful they are still around and would miss if they vanished? 

Three bloggers I miss the most are: 

Jackee at Winded Words. Here's one of my favorite old posts: When to give up writing (but it's not about giving up, at all) 

Victoria Dixon. Loves historical fantasy (my favorite genre!), especially based in Asia. 

Taherah Mafi. Author of Shatter Me. She's very active on Twitter, but I miss her blogging, where you could get longer doses of writerly humor and insight. 

Blogger buddies I'm grateful are still around posting regularly:

Julie Dao at Silver Linings. One of the first writer blogs I started following. I love all her posts, ALL OF THEM. Here's a good recent one, on Your own approval

Melissa Marsh, novelist and historian. Always honest and open and insightful, as in this post The Long Road to Acceptance.

Saumya Dave at Left and Write Brained. So many thoughtful posts, like On Purpose


I could list so many more. Tell me your favorite blogs, the ones you read every single post from!

I'll be back the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to share some things I'm thankful for. In the meantime, I'm taking a blogging break during my favorite time of year: NaNoWriMo!

14 comments:

  1. I agree with all of these! Julie and Saumya were two of the first bloggers I discovered, so their blogs are particularly special in my heart. And I always enjoy reading your posts, Margo! I think I found you pretty early on when I started blogging, too. Lucky me!!

    Hope NaNo is going well!

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloggers truly do pour their hearts and souls out there. This is definitely a difficult blogfest for me...you've shared a very nice selection here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really tough narrowing a list down to a few, but I'm glad you shared yours, Margo. The blogosphere would be less happy with Julie gone, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saumya is a delight! I've followed her for a very long time now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. Tahereh. That's a name from way back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also miss Jackee. : ( Best wishes with NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to narrow the lists down to just a few!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know any of the bloggers on your lists. I am doing NaNo also, and I think the break is an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know any of these either! I have such a huge list now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for mentioning me, Margo! Yours was one of the first blogs I started following as well, and I'm so happy and thankful to still have you as a blogging buddy <33333

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Julie's blog as well. Happy Nanowrimo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much! I don't know any of the bloggers on your lists. I am doing NaNo also, and I think the break is an excellent idea. http://parafriv.net/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes I'll remember someone and check out their blog from months ago and wonder how they are doing. Life goes. The blogging world def. is not what it used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too many good blogs to really pin it down. Yours is always interesting whenever I visit.

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List