Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top Ten Memorable Characters

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish blog with a different top ten list theme (all related to books) every Tuesday (see the full list here). 


We get to pick our own top ten topic this week, so I picked my top ten most memorable characters. See if you can match the quotes to the character!

The first five:

Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery)



Alexia Tarabotti (Soulless and its sequels, by Gail Carriger)

Lisbeth Salander (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson)


Puck (The Iron Fey series, Julie Kagawa)
Just so you know, I'm team Ash, but still... you gotta love this guy!


Minny (The Help, Kathryn Stockett)




Now, find the matching quote: 


1.  Many a gentleman had likened his first meeting with her to downing a very strong cognac when one was expecting to imbibe fruit juice--that is to say, startling and apt to leave one with a distinct burning sensation.


2. "She ever say that to me, she  gone get  apiece a _____ for lunch."

3. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all things about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there? But am I talking too much? People are always telling me I do. Would you rather I didn't talk? If you say so I'll stop. I can stop when I make up my mind to it, although it's difficult."


4.  "Well that was fun, though a bit on the cliched side. Way too Temple of Doom for me. So, where are we now?"


5. Normally seven minutes of another person's company was enough to give her a headache so she set things up to live as a recluse. She was perfectly content as long as people left her in peace. Unfortunately society was not very smart or understanding. 




My TOP FIVE. 


Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen)


Hermione (Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling)




Corlath, the Hill King (The Blue Sword, Robin McKinley)


Eldanis on Deviant Art has a rendition of Corlath


Scarlett O'Hara (Gone With the Wind, Margaret Mitchell)


Gandalf (The Hobbit / Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien)





6..  "hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could have been all killed -- or worse, expelled."


7. "A _____ is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."


8. "There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me."


9.  "If it is only within arm's length you find ______ overwhelming, I have no sympathy for you."


10. "Now isn't this better than sitting at a table? A girl hasn't got but two sides to her at the table."


Now, bonus if you can guess what all 10 of these characters have in common. 


I've been mulling it over, what makes a character really memorable... I'll share my theories on Friday. But what are your thoughts? What do your most memorable characters have in common?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List