Sunday, May 13, 2012

My First Loves



The First Loves Blogfest (thank you Alex Cavanaugh) is a chance to share the first movie, first song/band, first book, and first person you fell in love with. 
Preview


I almost chickened out on this... I could think of my first loves right away, but they really date me!!! The first three (movie, book, song) all come from 1983 when I was thirteen years old.

 The first movie I really fell in love with was Return of the Jedi. Stars Wars and Empire Strikes Back were fun, but I think was a little young to appreciate them. I loved Return of the Jedi so much that in order to see it a second time, I figured out all by myself how to transfer between two buses to get across town to see it again.

 About the same time, Eurythmics' hit, Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This), mesmerized me when I first saw the video.

Later that year, I broke my arm in a riding accident and since I was stuck in a sling for several weeks, I started reading a lot. The Lord of the Rings became my first love. I think I read it three times in a row, and then all the appendices.

And the most important first love of all... didn't show up until 15 years later! I got attached to a couple guys I dated, but I never felt sure it was really Love, with a capital L. Then I met my husband when I was 28 and we were engaged 3 weeks later. When love with a capital L hits me, it hits hard!


Curious if others will admit the ages when they fell into their first loves! My theory is tweens/early teens (12 or 13 years) are particularly prone to first loves. What age do you think is most prone to falling hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List