Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer writing goals

Bess Weatherby at It's the World, Dear is holding her Second Summer in the City blogfest where we share our summer writing goals and encourage each other. Round of Words in 80 days (ROW80) is working well for me, but it ends June 23rd, so this is perfect timing to sign up with another great group of people to encourage each other through the lazy summer days.

I only have one goal: finish revising my YA historical fantasy. I'd like to have it polished to start querying in the fall. I'm about 1/3 of the way through revisions right now, which is behind schedule for my ROW80 goals - but definitely further along than if I hadn't set any goals at all.

For other Summer in the City blogfesters, something you should know about me: I love encouraging words, but stinging words motivate me a lot more. If you sniff and say, "ha, I don't think you have a fly under a fly swatter's chance of making that goal this summer", then by golly you can be sure I'll start busting keyboards.

Is it okay to participate in Summer in the City if I live approximately 2500 miles from NYC, in a city with population of 30,000? (that's considered BIG in Wyoming. We are big enough to actually have a Walmart). Surely my frequent visits to Weatherby's blog to enjoy her perspective of the city qualify me. Stop by and visit her, you will love NYC in new ways, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List