Monday, May 24, 2010

My ten favorite things and birthdays isn't one of them

I had such grand plans for my working on my WIP and for posts on this blog this weekend. I have some great ideas, some things I just can't wait to share! But family duty called first this weekend: my daughter's sixth birthday. So I got sucked into birthday party preparations - cake-making, wrapping presents, putting together goody bags, materials for decorating foam tiaras, cleaning my house. Not sure why I bothered with that last one because now I have to clean again! - amazing what a mess ten little girls can make in an hour's time. I am so happy it's OVER!!!

I did all this to make my daughter happy, but here for a moment I will indulge and list ten things that make ME happy - this list goes along with this award I received from Jules at Silver Lining, one of my favorite writer's blogs (if you haven't discovered her yet you absolutely must! Her blogs always make me happy, too!)

1. my family - all four loud, messy, adorable girls and husband (yep he's loud and messy too)

2. sipping hot tea and reading a good book

3. listening to Handel's Hallelujah Chorus. With the volume set on 10.

4. riding with my husband in the mountains (maybe next weekend?) - when our horses are behaving, that is

5. fires crackling in fireplaces

6. Christmas trees. Or even just Christmas lights.

7. Fireflies (the summer equivalent of Christmas lights)

8. jokes that make me belly laugh

9. NaNoWriMo when I'm on a writing roll

10. Anything beautiful or noble

I haven't been reading or commenting on blogs for very long, so I don't have very many blogger buddies yet to pass this "award" on to. But here are the blogs that I visit on a regular basis - they always have interesting posts and they are so great about leaving me comments!

Susan @ Ink Spells

Kay @ Lessons from my reading

Stina @ Seeing Creative

Susan @ Hands off my coffee and no one gets hurt: an insomniac's guide to writing

Jackee @ Winded Words

Connie @ A Merry Heart

10 comments:

  1. You ride with your husband in the mountains? I really hope I can do that someday!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention and the link.

    Taking a ride on horseback sounds so romantic! But I'll settle for walking the dog with my husband--the important part is the husband, and I think romance is a state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I feel your pain about the birthday party. My daughter just turned seven and it was quite the feat to make the party.

    And thanks for passing along the award. I don't have this one yet, so Hooray! :o)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award! I love thinking about things that make me happy, I'll look forward to posting it.

    I love your list - hot tea and a good book sounds wonderful, and riding with your husband in the mountains, too - I'm totally jealous (even though I have a fear of horses). :(

    And thanks for the links, I know some of them, and I'll check the others out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best laid plans of mice and men ... and, especially, mothers often go a wray. I won't write it in vernacular.

    Thanks for the award. What do you do with it? [Remember? I'm the computer idiot.]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I think sometimes we get so busy that we don't stop to think about the things that make us happy. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout out! Your top ten could easily be mine, so I'll have to think of some more. :)

    I love the wee one and their birthday parties. AND you've just reminded me I've got to get crackin' on my 6 yo's party coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a wonderful way with words :) I love your list, especially fires crackling and Christmas lights and belly laughs. Glad your daughter's birthday party is over! LOL. My parents used to just take my friends and me to Pizza Hut or out to a mini-golf place so they wouldn't have to clean or cook.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful list! All those things make me happy too--or would, if I had them in my life! And thanks for the links. I always like scoping out good writing blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love thinking about things that make me happy, I'll look forward
    PPC Advertising India

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List