Thursday, April 15, 2010

Writers' Web: Fractured Fairy Tales and other fun stuff

I've set myself a goal of checking out at least 5 new writing websites or writing blogs a week, because practically every place I visit, I either learn something or at the very least find something funny or encouraging.

So here's what I've found lately out there on the Writers' web:

The Surly Writer: links to this writer's "fractured fairytales" - her own take on classic fairytales like Cinderalla and Jack the Giant Killer.

Dear Editor: a new site where you can submit your short questions to an editor. I liked this one from a forty-something trying to write in a teen voice for YA (gee, that's my situation too!)

Straight from Hel: (Hel as Helen, fortunately) Something almost everyday on writing and marketing. Also, lots of great writing resources and contest info.

Eternal Moonshine of a Daydreaming Mind: I immediately signed up to the follow this blog after discovering the first line of one of her novels contains the words "angel" and "mermaid" and even better, she had a post about unicorns, too. Well, sort of.

Talli Roland: how could I resist a blog with this label: "Over caffeinated fiction writer making the journey towards publication... one espresso at a time." (except in my case, it would be "Writer suffering from sugar-high making the journey toward publication, one dose of chocolate at time")

Pink Ink: I've stopped here a couple times just for encouragement. A quote: "My book should please first and foremost myself. Else, why write it? The best thing I can do is to polish it to the best of my ability, and shop it around to the world unapologetically and bravely. Vibrant colors and all."

What have you found from other blogs and websites lately?

4 comments:

  1. Aww, thank you. You're so sweet to list me. I do love mermaids, angels, and unicorns. ;)

    And yes, you guessed my unicorn analogy correctly on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea!!! I just found your blog but I can already tell this blog will be worth my while!! Fun blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by my blog! I'm so glad to be here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to link over to these! Thank you ever so much for including me on your list.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List