Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and Katy Upperman. Find the rest of the details HERE.
* How I did on last week's goals:
My goal for last week was to revise Star Tripped for at least 10 hours. I did it! Just barely. Finished at 11:18 pm Sunday night.
I finished reading the Fire Wish by Amber Lough. Jinns! The Tigris River! Ancient Baghdad. Giant geodes. Wishes.... I love this kind of story that transports you away to another world, and it has a double love story. More details coming tomorrow.
* My goals this week: I'll be thrilled to fit in 5 hours this week. County fair begins this week, and my daughters are competing pretty much for 3 days straight in different horse events. I have to run them to practice too, and help them make props and costumes for their "Ride to Music" event. But their ideas are so creative and fun, it's all worth it.
* A favorite line from my project OR a word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
know I’m a little crazy, talking to her like this. I like to blame it on the
crazy cat lady in my head that keeps saying Liz isn’t really dead. Keep talking to her, the lady says,
stroking an orange tabby on her lap. If you keep talking to her, you won’t lose
* The biggest challenge I faced this week.
The chaos of my house. Clothes and toys everywhere. Dishes in the sink. Unswept floors. Yup, all the stuff I normally do before writing: I didn't do this week.
I got a lot of writing time in, but the revisions went really slowly. I didn't get much stuff crossed off my Needed Revisions list. That was a challenge, too. Sometimes lists can be more discouraging than they are helpful.
* Something I love about my WiP.
Right now, I love that the voices of my characters are loud and opinionated in my head. Hopefully on paper too.