Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten New to Me Authors 2013 & Popularity Contest

I've got  a double header going on today:


and!

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by the Broke and the Bookish Blog

Superlatives Banner
The Class of 2013: YA Superlative Blogfest is all about promoting the extraordinary young adult books published this year and runs from Monday, December 16th through Thursday, December 19th. Share your favorite reads of 2013! 

Today's list is based on a Popularity Contest Theme. 

Class Clown: Sturmhond from Seige and Storm, by Leigh Bardugo

Most Likely to Become a Rock Star: Tomohiro from Ink, by Amanda Sun

Biggest Flirt: Oliver, from The Art of Wishing, by Lindsay Ribar
Well, he is a genie, after all. 

Mostly Likely to Start a Riot: Laila from the Binding Stone, by Lisa Gail Green
She's a genie, too, but an entirely different sort. 

Fashion King and/or Queen:   Lilac, from These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman/Megan Spooner
Lilac's dress... it has a more significance than you'd suspect.

Girl You’d Most Want For Your BFF:  Olivia from the Secret Ingredient, by Lewis Stewart

Boy You Wish You’d Dated in High School: Wesley from The Archived, by Victoria Schwab
I just want to take him home. 

Most Likely to Become President, Trev from Altered, by Jennifer Rush
I kinda want to take him home with me, too. 

Quirkiest Character:   Sidney, from Catch Rider by Jennifer Lyne
A touch wild and hill billy and fun all the way

Villain You Love to Hate: The Darkling, from Seige and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Love him! Hate him! Can't get enough of him! My only complaint with this book is he didn't show up often enough to suit me!

Favorite Parental Figure - Aunt Kit from The Time Fetch, by Amy Herrick
This book is upper Middle Grade, but too good not to mention.  And Aunt Kit is hilarious!

Coolest Nerd: Abby and Caitlin from Parallel, by Lauren Miller
You should see these girls plot their plans for getting into Ivy League schools!

 Top Ten list of New-To-Me Authors in 2013
To make this list a little easier to write, I picked only debut authors.

10. Rules of Disappearing, by Ashley Elston

9. Ink, by Amanda Sun

8. The Art of Wishing, by Lindsay Ribar

7. The Binding Stone, by Lisa Gail Green

6. Parallel, by Lauren Miller

5. Pivot Point, by Kasie West

4. Altered, by Jennifer Rush

3. Catch Rider, by Jennifer Lyne

2. The Time Fetch, by Amy Herrick

1. These Broken Stars, by Amie Kaufman/Megan Spooner

You will hear me raving a lot more about these books tomorrow and Thursday as the Class of 2013 blogfest continues!

What was your favorite new author this year?

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, you're so right about Lilac as fashion queen! Oh, that dress...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read my copy of INK. I'm ashamed to admit it has been sitting on my shelf for ages now. As for the Darkling, I think I fall a little more to the "hate" side with him. I find the things he's done just so reprehensible. Unless things aren't what they seem, in which case, I'd swing back to love. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to buy INK in the store and couldn't find it. I should try again now that I have a few books to buy (I've been holding off buying new since I have too many else to read).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of books I haven't gotten around to reading here! I completely agree with the Darkling. Man do I love him. Hate him. Love him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mention of Lilac and THESE BROKEN STARS makes me want to read that book EVEN MORE. I can't wait! Great choice in the Darkling for the villain category. I love how slippery his is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun! I have read very few of these, so I'll be adding some of them to my TBR list. I've only just started The Time Fetch (and have 2 other books going at the same time plus a beta read), but I already love Aunt Kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need!

      Delete
  7. Awesome list! There have been some fun entries in this blogfest!

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List