Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Top Ten books on my fall must-read list

I promise, my next post (this Friday) will finally be something other than a top ten list.  I learned a really powerful writing technique from a book I read recently, I can't wait to share it! 

But today I couldn't resist posting again for  Top Ten Tuesday,  an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish blog with a different top ten list theme (all related to books) every Tuesday (see the full list here).

Next Tuesday, the topic will be Top Ten Books That Make You Think (About The World, People, Life, etc.)    

Here's the top ten books I can't wait to read this fall: 

10. Ironskin by Tina Connolly
A re-telling of Jane Eyre with a bit of fey mixed in - and steampunk - that's a strange and irresistible trio to me.  This book will be available on October 2. 

9. What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
Two souls trapped in one body - what an interesting premise. Can't wait to see how this one plays out.  Available September 18.

8. Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
A game of dares - broadcast online. I'm not even a reality-TV fan, but this sounded intriguing to me, and very high stakes. Available Sept. 13. 


7. Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
What intrigues me about this one is that no reviewer is willing to give details (for fear of spoiling) the "places" in this book, and it's got a special school that some reviewers compare to Hogwarts in Harry Potter. Available October 2. 


6. The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls by Claire Legrand.
The main character, Victoria, is already famous and the book has only just released. I love an eccentric, opinionated character.  Apparently this character is so over-the-top that she's even got book reviewers talking in her voice. 

5. Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers
Okay, this one has been out since this spring, but it just came across my radar. One reviewer says "Do you love historical mysteries? Court intrigue? Romance? Light fantasy? Do you love Juliet Marillier? Sherwood Smith? Do you wish that The Queen’s Thief series read a lot more like a romance novel? Then this book is absolutely for you."  

4. The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
What if parents could pay for a copy of their child, as a backup? What intrigued me to buy this just-released book is that its  told from the copy's perspective, and her longing to be her own person instead of the echo of another. 

3. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Just released in June and already a NYT bestseller, all I had to hear were the words "Russia" and "fantasy" together to intrigue me. 

2. The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
Another Iron Fey novel oh I'm sooooo happy, except for the fact that I have to wait until Oct 23. This is my MOST FAVORITE YA series, though this book starts a new series (same world, different characters). 

1. ????? Because I'm sure as I read other top ten lists I'll discover more books I absolutely must read this fall. 

Late breaking news: after reading a dozen other top ten must-read lists, I have a book to fill the #1 spot!!  Stormdancer, by Jay Kristoff.  A girl and a griffin team (love me some mythical creatures) in a Japanese steampunk setting. Irresistible!!! Just released September 1st. 


So many books, so little time... what are you looking forward to reading? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List