Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Winners of books

I'm having internet access problems - I had grand plans for a detailed post today but I'm at McDonalds to use their wireless and my kids are getting restless (our town is too small to have a McDonalds with a play place!).

So this will short and sweet. Here's how we picked the winners - modifying StoryQueen's idea (Shelly Moore), I had my ten-year-old daughter toss a lucky stone from her horse onto a map of the United States seven times. (I am geographer and a map addict. No talking GPS giving me driving directions, thank you very much!) Her stone landed on:


International Falls, Minnesota
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Memphis, Tennesee
Lander, Wyoming
somewhere in the ocean off New Jersey
Sterling, Colorado
somewhere off the coast of Oregon

So my original plan was to award the winners based on the description of your road trip - if any place you named was closest to one of the above locations, you win. But lots of people described cross country road trips that were all over the place - and several people described fantastic international road trips. So what I ended up doing was generating a random number between 1-50 for each person who left a comment, and the winners were the ones with numbers closest to an alphabetical listing of the fify states, where Colorado is #6 and Wyoming was #50.

And the winners are (I had to do some more random number picking because several winners wanted Bestest. Ramadan. Ever. And I only have one copy).

Jess Lawson at Falling Leaflets - Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Zareen - Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow by Nathan Bransford
Sophia Richardson at My Fleet-Footed Self - Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
Tanyev - Forever by Maggie Stiefvator
Lynn Kelley - Timeless by Alexandra Monir
Andrea Mack - Bestest. Ramadan.  Ever by Medeia Sharif
Victoria Dixon - The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Send me your address (my email is berendsen70 at yahoo dot com) so I can send you happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

My Blog List